11 July, 2011

Oh REALLY?

I thought this was "my kind" of funny... 

I was musing (once again) today and stumbled upon a very old query, that query being:
"do you, Marvis (that's me), really want to be able to know what others (people around you) are thinking?"

There are numerous ways to poke and theorize aboot this one.

One poke being: If you had no dam to control the flow of what's coming in, you wouldn't stay sane for too long. You'd be confined to solitude for the rest of your life. Being around more than a hand full of people (imagine going to the movies having to hear all of the analytical jargon coming from the minds of these idiots/tards) would be too raucous to bare. 

Being afforded an "on/off" switch and a "filter" would be much appreciated. Still poking here. I find myself glaring (discretely, mind you) at random who-dats and thinking to me-self, "I wonder what that idiot/tard is thinking about?" This happens often. The "switch" would allow us to read when we want, and a filter would give us the opportunity to select precisely who is going to be read. I like the sound of this.

For most of the citizens of New York, I must say, you will want to approach their minds with extreme caution. By the look on a face, one should be able to decipher whether or not it is advisable to "enter". There are many things, many people, that are just better left unread.

I do see a bit of humor in all of this. I would start reacting to their thoughts. For example, if someone made a libelous gesture, not necessarily directed at me, he/she just thought something to themselves that mos' definitely lacked taste, I would approach them, stopping them dead in their tracks, and say, (like a young Afro-American female who just found out that her man has been knockin' tha boots with some ol' triphlin' hepher): OH REALLY!?

Eventually, I would get tired of doing this, but it would provide for quite a bit of entertainment while it lasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment