26 July, 2011

The One With The Old Guy and The Maps




This is a  throwback map of Western Europe.



This is the New York City MTA Subway map.


Look at the throwback map of Western Europe and only pay attention to France and everything southwest of France. 

Can you see what I see?

BROOKLYN represents Spain. There is something disturbingly special (and spunky) about Brooklyn that makes me feel more than spirited. I have never been to Spain, I've never even been abroad, but I feel as though I would get the "Brooklyn" sensation in Espana, especially in Barcelona.


"That's in Harlem, right? I traveled to Espana via the A-Train express."

THE BRONX and QUEENS represent West and East France, respectively. I heard somewhere that these two have more issues than PLAYGIRL.


"I don't recommend you swimmin' 'tween them two. Legend says any man that dares swim 'tween them two will come out wearin' red and white loafers, denim dazydukes, and his hair will have turned blue on 'em. ( Leaning forward, in an effort to keep it on the low-low, Old E. whispers...) Did I mention he would become a f*g?"

MANHATTAN represents Portugal. Like Portugal, you're only liked by those that dwell within your boundaries. 


"Manhattan is shhhit. I tell you somethun' bout them Hattanites, they don't give a good god-damn about nouthin but them damn check books and them crebit cards. (CREDIT + DEBIT =CREBIT) And that's just a bunch-a-junk..."

STATEN ISLAND would have to be an African nation. The only option (by comparison) is Morocco. 


"Staten Island? Some strange folk 'round Staten Island. Best not to even mess wit it...."






No comments:

Post a Comment